Friday, May 25, 2012

May 25 - The Day We Won. Twice!

Remember that time you stayed up late having awesome conversations? And then you slept right through your alarm and woke up 17 minutes before your work meeting? No? Oh dang, that's right, that was me. But, the title of this post is about winning. And, despite the disadvantages my Friday began with, it did, in fact, turn out FTW. Since I ran out the door, I completely forgot my lunch. Enter the work Chinese delivery order: winning! Three day weekend kick-off? W-I-N. Snowcones with my favorite science teacher best friend? Duh. Tonight was also the final set of games in the playoffs for Hub's softball. Double-header and a double-win (which is the real inspiration for the title)! They finished 2nd in the league with a 13 point shut-out (which got called thanks to a run-rule). Not a bad way to end a season, or a week, for that matter.

Highlights:
1) Came home to my house smelling like tacos, thanks to Roommate. As I'm trying to avoid fast food, this is the equivalent of wafting a cigarette under the nose or someone trying to quit. In a moment of unusual willpower, I couldn't bring myself to make that Bell run so I settled for some late night veggie quesadillas. All good, no guilt!

2) I have all of 2 pairs jeans that Really fit. So, with a little birthday money in hand, I set out for a place I rarely dare to brave in my old age: the Mall. Bad news: no jeans for me. Good news: I love clearance racks. Snagged a new pair of work pants (those also do not fit, in a good way), a shirt and a sweater for $23 at the Gap. I'll show you, Mall!

3) Got our first harvest from the garden! A big, beautiful summer squash. I think I actually squealed when I picked it. I think there will be many more to follow very soon and I am beyond excited!

Love & Double-Wins,
K


No comments:

Post a Comment