Tuesday, May 29, 2012

May 26 - The Day the Force Wasn't With Me

The kitchen and I have a pretty good thing going on, if you haven't guessed. Some days, though...it's like unrequited love. Nothing goes my way! This is bad when you own a restaurant and are working the prep shift. Results: burned pie crust, burned chocolate cream filling, over-whipped whipped cream, etc. I recovered, but it took me twice as long to do my normal amount of cooking/baking. After that, I just needed a nap. Except, as usual, that never came. Instead, I traded it for play time with my cutie niece Ella! This was a good trade. I made lunch for my hubs (and regained the affection of my kitchen), and we chowed down on veggie enchilada bake. After a little office work (accompanied by a lot of The Office), it was time to head to a college grad celebration for my smarty-pants cousin. So proud of her and all she's accomplished! Also, there were tacos!! :) It was a beautiful night with friends, family and a late night viewing of the Addam's family. It was fitting since my friends and family are also a bit kooky. ;)

Highlights:
1) Hubs got a hands-on training session on Infants in Cars 101. I got a call with a screaming Ella in the background and her panicked uncle in my ear. She was NOT having that car seat. No sir. After a successful roadside attempt at soothing her, and a not so successful attempt to get her back in the car peacefully, she cried until she conked out. And guess what? She's just fine. :)

2) Got a beautiful birthday gift from my cousin - an antique window! I love it, and it arrived just in time for redecorating my mantle.

3) Snagged peaches at the Farmer's market! I had delicious plans for these little treats, but more on that later!

Love & Celebrations,
K

No comments:

Post a Comment