Thursday, June 21, 2012

May 29 - The Day We Studied as Friends

One of the things I like about growing up is watching how other people grow right along beside me. Particularly when family starts to become friends, and you learn to like each other not because you're related, but just simply for each other.
My sweet cousin recently graduated college and will soon be accepting a position as a missionary in Prague. In the meantime, she's back home, lingering in that bittersweet in-between of adolescent and grown-up. I invited her to join our small group while she is here, not just as family but as friend. She did, and it was lovely. We talked about what it means to live a radical life, and I know those words weigh more to her now than ever as she faces the future of years in a foreign country, essentially alone. Brave form, and I was proud to study the word beside her, not as obligatory family but appreciative friend.

Highlights:
1) Leftover sangria on the porch during bible study. Hey, somebody had to drink it!

2) The Fall cravings have begun. I now begin longing for all things crisp breeze, pumpkin, comfy sweaters and crunchy leaves. It is going to be a looong summer.

3) More rejection emails for the hubs, hey people, my smart, talented husband wants to instruct your children in all things world history! Please let the man teach!!!

Love & Grown-Up Pleasures,
K

No comments:

Post a Comment