Monday, July 2, 2012

June 1 - The Day I Grazed

Employee Snack Day, noun: An 8-9 hour event, occurring in ones place of employment, in which participants exchange homemade or store-bought goods, particularly salt and/or sugar-laden, for group consumption. Traditional mealtimes and biological signs of fullness are disregarded as participants eat continually for the duration of the event. Food is assorted, and may be themed, but donuts are always included regardless of their degree of relation to said theme. See also: Grazing; Overweight Americans

That sort of sums up my first Friday in June. Despite my mocking tone, I am total nut for snack days. I even helped choose the theme for this one: Brunch! There were scones (made by yours truly, but more on that later), iced coffee, sausage, casseroles, cake, chicken salad...*burp*

After such a trying day-long experience for my tummy, I treated it to a snow cone. (you know, ice for the swelling...is that not how it works?) And then to coffee (consider it like Icy Hot - cold to dull the pain, heat to relax it away). I'm such a good trainer.

Speaking of coffee, I met two of my longtime loves for coffee at a local place in Fort Worth. For all its charm, I cannot believe that FW doesn't have more local gems like Buon Giorno. Great atmosphere, better good coffee, and even better company (and I met a new friend. Tried to help him name his band by finding words on sugar packets, but he just wouldn't go for). Delightful {decaf} coffee with a side of wonderful friends = the kind of evening where time just gets lost in the laughter.

Highlights:
1) Scones - I made bacon, cheddar & chive scones. I don't even know what to say. Just so stinkin' good! Will try again with turkey bacon so the hubs can share in the goodness.

2) Got lost getting to the coffee shop...this should not be a highlight as it happens so regularly, but on an up note, did a little downtown FW exploring.

3) The last of my snow cone Fridays with best friend. She's done with her teaching now! We have proposed moving on to craft Fridays, for the  benefit of our craft lists and our over-sugared tummies.

Love & Grazing Days,
K

No comments:

Post a Comment