Sunday, July 1, 2012

May 31 - The Day I Storm Day-Dreamed

Here's my usual, albeit odd, train of thought when it comes to rainy weather: "Oh, it's raining. Looks dark outside. When it looks dark like this, it seems like it should be cold. Man I wish it was fall. Know what goes good with fall and stormy weather? Harry Potter. I should be at home watching Harry Potter. Mmm Pumpkin Juice. Make that a Pumpkin Latte. WHY DO I NOT LIVE AT HOGWARTS?"
Or something like that. Alas, I was stuck at my desk, watching the deceptively cold-looking dark clouds roll in, leaving my to day dream at my desk, no HP or Pumpkin Spice Latte to soothe my fall longings. I settled for a lunchtime reading break, curled up in a recliner in our company's "Library", which should certainly be renamed "The Room of Nooks and Naps". There are only 4 recliners, and you have to beat out the nappers with their giant afghan blankets and occasional snores, or fight for a spot from the digital readers. I'm afraid I'll never be in that latter crowd; I love the smell and weight of a book in my hands that no fancy digital reader could ever replace.
All in all, a rather uneventful day, but I didn't mind. After all, who needs adventure when you've got Hogwarts day dreams :)

Highlights:
1) I am re-reading one of my favorite books, The Guernsey Literary and Potato Peel Pie Society. It is just as beautiful and inviting as I remember, and each time I close the cover, I'm left thinking two things: 1) I hope I'm like Elizabeth McKenna when I grow up, and 2) Why the heck am I not on a plane to the Channel Islands?!

2) Went to the store to prepare for snack day. Normally, this would be fine. Except I skipped my snack and went in with a growing tummy. Daft or dangerous, its a toss up really (bonus points if you catch the reference in that last sentence). Either way, I made it out without doing TOO much damage.

3) My house is old, and it has the odd knack for trapping smells for what seems like hours. I don't know if these two are related, but all I'm saying is, if I cook bacon, you could probably come over like 2 days later and know without me telling you. Now, seeing as how the hubs hates bacon, you can imagine his delight when I have to cook pans full for a work day function. How did I end up with the only guy who wouldn't find this appeasing?

Love & Rainy Weather Dreams,
K

No comments:

Post a Comment