Friday, July 6, 2012

June 2 - The Day I Started with Farmers and Ended with Tacos

*sidenote* Going to be honest. Feel like giving up! Quite discouraged at my lack of follow-through. Each lag day leads to another. Boo. Alas, we forge ahead.

I don't remember much about this day, except how long it lasted and how badly my feet hurt. I squeezed in a trip to the Farmer's Market to scope out the locally grown goodness. Each week the selection improves, accompanied by my increasing taste for food adventure. I feel sort of like I'm on Iron Chef, buying unfamiliar seasonal veggies only to figure out how to prepare them later (Shout out Pinterest and my cookbook addiction for your combined indelible contributions to these food forays).

We had a very long day at the pie shop, culminating in a catered baby shower that evening. I took the reigns for the party, a task which carries equal amounts of stress and excitement. I may be royally exhausted at the days end, but knowing that I helped coordinate and make food for a successful soiree leaves me with a smile on my face. Not smiling, however, were my two feet. Regrettably, and against my usually prudent judgement, I opted for cute over comfy when it came to my footwear for the day. 13 hours later...ouch.

I ended the day in complete contradiction to its beginning: a plate of greasy fast food tacos. Because sometimes, you just need FasTaco.

Highlights:
1) The random veggie of choice: Pattypan squash. Its cuteness practically screamed "buy me!".

2) Began working out the plans to actually start my 10 Days of Real Food pledge. Oh if I only knew the change to come...

3) My hubs got to escape the long work day by hanging out with our favorite teenagers. Told him he owes me one! Honestly, though, I'm glad for his willingness to do so, and proud of how much they look up to him. :)

Love & Tired Dogs,
K

No comments:

Post a Comment