Friday, October 5, 2012

October 1 - The Day We Repeated Fall's Welcome

Monday was a bit of a welcome reprieve from the weekend's rushing pace. As indicated by the previous posts, I was emotionally zapped and ready for my heart to rest a little easier, and thankfully, I had just the right cocktail of things to make that happen.

We went to T's t-ball game, which didn't disappoint in the entertainment area. The special of the day was the entire team dog-piling the ball every time it hit the ground. This happened at least 3 different times, that I saw, and it was just as funny the 3rd go round as the first. My bro/his uncle also took the time to make signs for us to hold up each time Tavin was at bat - he looked so proud when we yelled his name! I'll have to be honest, though, I didn't pay as much attention in the last half of the game, due to this little snuggle bug:

 I stole him from his Grandpa, but I don't feel too bad :) He talks to himself as he's falling asleep. Pretty much the cutest thing ever.

As for the origin of this post's title: We were originally going to have lasagna rolls for dinner, but for sheer comfort and ease, that turned into lasagna "stoup". Best friend joined us, and we ended up watching Gilmore Girls to close out the evening. It dawned on us then that roughly one year ago, right as fall made its entrance, we did the exact same thing. Same meal, same show (which always makes me feel "fall-ish"). New tradition? Maybe so!

Highlights:

1) My nephew's Kool-aid 'stache; his "Hey KK!" greetings, his asking his dad for bubble-gum for the big game, and his outfield dancing. He's flippin' awesome.

2) Ate my first homegrown pecan! Technically, you're supposed to let them cure for a couple of weeks after harvest, but I couldn't resist. Tasted surprisingly maple-y!

3) My apparent knack for getting the littler nephew to sleep. Twice in two days - I'm a pro, guys.

Love & Kool-Aid 'Staches,

K











No comments:

Post a Comment