Friday, March 2, 2012

Feb 27 - The Day We Got a Roommate

Monday went by in the way Mondays typically go - uneventful, slowly and with me just wanting to come home. Add to this my starting the writing of the hardest blog posts ever, and...hey can we just switch to Tuesday? Or how about just March? K thanks. Speaking of those posts...how hard is that? I didn't know what I had signed on for at the beginning of the year, but I'm so glad I have a forum for these thoughts and memories. It's cleansing for the burdened heart, and I think that these entries will serve as a good way to reflect in the future. My dear spouse hasn't been able to bring himself to read it yet, but hopefully he will one day. Though they are only from my perspective, and thereby limited, I hope he'll be proud of the way I've recorded it all.

So as to the title of this post...Husband texted me midday and said "So how would you feel about a roommate? Are we open to that?" A short dialogue and several hours later, our longtime friend Nick came over to see his new digs in our guest room. As a person who can't really make any decision without a nearly excruciating  amount of deliberation, I surprised even myself with my quick "yep." I can't fully explain it, but I'm fully at peace with the decision. I wonder what God's got in store?

Highlights:
1) I'm going to be honest. Monday was not all that eventful. In fact, I kind of stole all my highlights in the above paragraphs. Oops.

2) As soon as I got home from work, I did something out of character for my type-A self: I put down my things and headed straight to my deck chair with a bible in hand to catch the final moments of a dropping sun. Should've come home earlier, the time was short but precious.

3) Didn't watch TV! Its a lame highlight, but its true and meant that I had a productive evening while Jon was at Bible study. At least I think it was productive, I don't really remember much of Monday...

Love & New Housemates,

K

No comments:

Post a Comment