Monday, March 5, 2012

March 1 - The Day I Played Florist

I spent most of Thursday thinking about Friday. I'm not the best at the whole "live in the moment" thing. I'm more like a "live in my planner, maybe somewhere in next week" person. I have come to the introspective conclusion that its a control thing. I can control next week, because its only on paper. Controlling today...different story. I had phone calls flying at me most of Thursday as we were finalizing preparations for Wes's service. Luckily, Husband was feeling drastically better than the day before, and with his clearing sinuses came a clearing of the mind, as he remembered all the things he was in charge of for the service [read: all the things he was supposed to ask me to do]. This included securing two rose arrangements for the service. Being the Frugal Franny that I am, I nearly choked on my chewing gum when I heard the price tag for those arrangements. The game was on now. I headed to a local grocery store where I found two perfect 'starter' vases, chose a few accent flowers and set off for best friend's house for some Grey's and some flower fixing. This brought back memories of the night before her wedding where we stayed up hand-tying all the bridesmaid bouquets.  Thank goodness for her and her willingness to jump in and help with the crazy. They turned out beautifully, and we finished at less than half the cost that was originally quoted to us, for twice the roses.

Highlights:

1) This was day one of a downward spiral into fried food and artery-clogging, guilt-inducing meals. It started with chips and salsa, but then I saw tacos and I couldn't resist. Those came with more chips and salsa. Hello, my name is KK, and I am an addict.

2) I meant to work out. I did. But the weather was so gosh dang beautiful that I needed to just sit outside at lunch and enjoy my moment in the breeze before I jumped headlong into the full-force gales of Friday.

3) I have such sweet co-workers. They all offered their kind words, thoughts and prayers as I prepared to be out on Friday. I may not always love sitting at my desk, but I do love the people who inhabit the desks around me.

Love & Thorny Roses

K

No comments:

Post a Comment