Sunday, March 18, 2012

March 6 - The Day We Rejoiced

It's funny how my retrospective view of my days can seem so dialed into only a few hours out of the 15 or so hours I'm awake. In part, this is due to what I've mentioned before, that my work activities are not up for public discussion of this sort. But on this day, it was because God simply cranked up the spotlight on Himself in the later part of my day, and that kind of brightness tends to literally outshine the small stuff around it. I'm privileged to be a part of a small group of friends who act like family. Today we were privileged to witness a beautiful act of family. The kind where raw honesty about your walk, even when it's rocky, is met with open arms, prayers of praise, and rejoicing together over the resolution of hurt. We call it a safe space, and I would never betray that by publicly delving into any details. Regardless, God can get the glory, because the story is His, no matter who the characters may be.

Highlights:
1) what a challenge to my own self, my level of honesty and vulnerability. Am I willing to let God's story be told?

2) We ate breakfast for dinner! This was kind of on accident (Husband forgot a key piece of the original dinner plan, so we improvised), but it was delicious. Who says you can only eat eggs in the morning?!

3) Got a little further in Animal, Vegetable, Miracle, and it was one of my favorite sections thus far. She began discussing how local schools were involving gardening in their learning, which I think is awesome. I've tossed around the idea of homeschooling [my non-existent children], and I think that would be a great addition.

Love & Humility at His Work,

K

1 comment:

  1. I love the idea of homeschooling. Sadly not as much as I love the idea of a paycheck and grown-up conversation. Last week it came up in conversation and Lisa agreed to teaching Chemistry and Cheerleading. I am all for co-op'ing the "hard stuff"!

    ReplyDelete