Friday, March 2, 2012

Feb 28 - The Day He Put a Ring On It

OK, so that didn't actually happen THIS day, but it did 4 years ago. On a sunny, snow-covered mountain, I skied right into the best question of my life. I know that celebrating an engagement seems like something that might be a bit over the top, but it really is one of my favorite days of my almost 27 years. And it kicked off one of the best seasons of my life, so I think I'll keep my party hat on, if you don't mind. I wrote mushy things on FB and posted a photo of him on one knee and me in a ridiculous pose of shock/laughter. You know, all the obligatory "I love my husband and I'm so glad he asked me to marry him" stuff. You do that too, right? K, good.





Highlights:
1) We were supposed to take advantage of Nat'l Pancake Day after our small group, so we opted for a small snack instead of normal dinner. I ate a salad! Full of farmer's market greens! AND I LIKED IT! Hold your applause, there was a lot of ranch dressing involved. Still!

2) We dove a little deeper into Colossians, and once again I'm blown away by the intelligent and loving friends I've been given the chance to do life with. I love em. Even if I barked at them for talking while I was making a point. :)

3) No pancakes. :( Group all decided they weren't interested in free pancakes (I know, I know. Join me in praying for them). By this point, however, Husband and I had worked ourself into a breakfast craving frenzy. So, we headed to the store, bought hash browns and gravy and came home to fix ourselves a breakfast feast at 10:00 PM. I remarked to him that, however odd it may seem, these are the moments that make me feel like an adult.

Love & Late Night Breakfasts,

K

No comments:

Post a Comment