Wednesday, March 21, 2012

March 10 - The Day I Actually Won a Game

Saturday started in what I hope will now become a semi-monthly tradition: the farmer's market. With one visit already under my belt, I strolled along the stalls with a bit more confidence. I can now tell the difference between garlic leeks and green onions, and I'm getting a feel for good prices and good produce. Still, it took me several trips up and down the harvest-filled tables to figure out what I wanted in return for the cash I had stuffed in my pockets. Plus, I took my mother along for the fun. She's just as new as I am and she appreciated not only the local produce, but the local artisan breads, goat cheese and pound cake. We took in our haul right before another round of thunderstorms took over the skies. The rest of the day was split between work at the shop and more food shopping (for home and shop).  After a day of buying bags and bags of food, I suppose it only makes sense to finish off with someone ELSE cooking. :) A gracious group of friends invited us for a feast that even the rain couldn't damper. Which leads me to my title...

Highlights:
1) We followed that buffet of grilled goodies with game night. On deck for play: Things. Now, given that half the point of this game is to be funny and/or entertain people with your answers, I started out pretty nervous. I think I have a pretty fair sense of humor, but sometimes my introvert tendencies take my humor and stick it in the basement when there's a crowd.

2) I don't win group games, never have. And I'm fine with it, really. So, imagine my surprise when I won a game involving a group of some of the most competitive people I've ever met. They might say it's luck, I say it's my cunning wit. Tomato, potato, tomato, potato. (Megamind, anyone?)

3) I stayed up waaay past my bed time. Again. There's something they don't tell you when you're a little kid. You're 8, you're BEGGING to stay up late, and the large humans respond with "someday, when you're older, you won't have a bedtime". I think for kicks they leave out the last part, "...and by that age, you'll be so exhausted that you'll wonder why on earth you ever decided to stay up like that." Tricksters.

Love & Long, Winning Days,

K

No comments:

Post a Comment