Sunday, March 11, 2012

March 4 - The Day We Antiqued & Ran (and we're not talking exercise)

After days of emotional exhaustion, Husband told me he wanted one simple thing for our only day off: Antique Mall. Huh? Not his usual request, but goodness knows that I'm not going to argue! I put on some cuban style black beans in the crock pot before we left for church, and we came home to a nice lunch on the back porch. Sun out, breeze blowing, and burrito bowls being eaten...ahhh! We finished up and headed to the Antique Mall. That's where things stopped being relaxing and turned back to our normal state of "AAAGH WE'RE LATE AND THERE'S 8 MILLION THINGS LEFT TO DO TODAY!" Minus an incident with potato salad, we scrambled through the rest of the day (which included birthday gifts, making birthday cards, groceries for the shop and dinner with the fam) and made it out totally worn out but happy. It's not what most people would ask for, but if I can hit the hay with a sleepy smile every day, I'm good. :)

Highlights:
1) We got together to celebrate my sweet Mother-in-law's birthday, and as usual, she ended up doing most of the cooking (and it was amazing - fried potatoes, yum yum)! Even still, I think her family, good food, birthday cake (and a little wine) made for a great celebration for her.

2) While perusing the antique mall, I ran into item after item that left me saying "That would be perfect for _______!" New goal for next Christmas: unique or upcycled gifts. Better start looking now!

3) Blogging - stayed up catching up on posts, something I'm apparently STILL not great at. Bah. Humbug.

Love & 2nd Hand Item Goodness,

K

No comments:

Post a Comment