Monday, March 19, 2012

March 8 - The Day We Went Cajun

Let the good times roll, indeed! To be able to cook without a recipe is a newly-honed skill I don't take for granted. Especially when it pays off with blackened chicken & bow tie pasta with a mushroom white wine cream sauce. It was the highlight of a day already some-what centered on food. Often times when I don't do a great job recording the day's activities, I'll turn to my text message history. Guess what my messages centered on that day? Yep. I'm a grub-lovin-fool (food, not worms). I capped off the meal with a couple hours of conversation with a sweet friend as we worked on my nephew's shower. We did more laughing than planning, but it seemed to go with the day's theme: fullness, in every aspect of the word.

Highlights:
1) I discovered the bulk mushrooms at the grocery store. Yes, they've always been there, but I just now recognized the genius. First time I've cooked using mushrooms and not have any go to waste!

2) the food theme started early. The skies threatened rain, and we were scheduled to run, with an alternative plan of breakfast at Mimi's. Sadly, the sky stayed dry. Until...

3) the rain let loose on the last 5-10 minutes of our run. Awful! But, I felt like a hoss. Somehow, though, I doubt I looked as cool as I felt (ever seen a drowned rat run?)

Love & Pasta,
K

No comments:

Post a Comment