Sunday, March 11, 2012

March 5 - The Day We Taught the Roomie How to Flip

Flip quesadillas, that is. Since I was left with a gargantuan amount of black beans and grilled chicken from all the weekend cooking, I decided to make good use of them. A good rule of thumb for leftovers: add chicken, cheese, and/or caramelized onions. You really can't go wrong. Though Roommate had recently stocked the fridge with his gourmet foods of choice - frozen chicken nuggets, chocolate milk, pizza rolls and glow in the dark Gogurt - we offered to let him partake in the Mexican leftover goodness. He revealed (shockingly) that cooking isn't his strong suit, but we reassured him that we would teach him our ways. Lesson one: how to assemble and cook a quesadilla. Hey, it's a starting point. I spent the rest of the night in the kitchen reworking other leftovers into delicious delectables for the rest of the week. Martha Stewart, kiss my food-dollar-stretchin' booty.

Highlights:
1) More blogging! Still not caught up! Woohoo!

2) Made a workout schedule for the week, trying to undo all the comfort food damage from the days before. You think quesadillas are a good way to start? Yeah me too.

3) Diets aren't the only the thing out of control around here lately. I finally had time to sit down and digest our spending/budget and holy moly, it was ugly. You don't realize how much being away from home (as in running here and there) can take a toll on things. I'm putting my Budget Drill Sgt hat back on. We're going to whip this guy into shape! On another note, do you think I could come up with any other cheesy metaphors? I'll work on it.

Love & Cooking Lessons,

K

No comments:

Post a Comment