Thursday, February 2, 2012

Feb 1 - The Day I Zumba'd

I've got rhythm. I've got what were at one point referred to as "child-bearin' hips" (thank you, stupid high school boy). You'd think a fitness routine based on shaking said hips to latin beats would come naturally. Before I mess this experience up with my words, let me show it with a picture:
That about sums it up. In case you were wondering, having a beautiful, curvacious Latina woman as your instructor does not help your I'm-a-skinny-little-white-girl-with-nothin'-to-shimmy complex. Don't get me wrong, it was FUN. But fun and letting someone ever see me do this in a public forum? Two totally different things. If nothing else, these classes (which I'll be attending through February) will be a lesson in humility and just plain getting over myself. Maybe that's the point...that and amazing abs.

Highlights:
1) Started walking with a new buddy at work today. Striking out for new friendships isn't a particularly strong suit of mine, but I'm working on it, and this is helping! Looking forward to fostering friendship and fitness.

2) My brother won the science fair! He's on a smarty-pants roll this year, winning the spelling bee, math olympics, and now the first place position out of all the 5th and 6th graders in his school for the fair. He was one proud pup, but he's at that stage where even though he calls to tell you about this victory, when you congratulate him, he just says "yeah, thanks, I guess" in that "no biggie" fashion. Go on brush yo' shoulders off, boy.

3) We went out for a celebratory dinner at the restaurant of Landon's choice. Never one to try something new, we of course went to Chili's. Upside: I split the Margarita Chicken with my mom - really good, and a perfect size (and not too unhealthy) meal! Downside: they saw his medal, they gave him chocolate cake. I resisted at first, but then there was just a little piece that sat there, uneaten...it begged me to save it from its loneliness. Just tryin to help a cake out, ya'll.

Love & Latin Rythms,

K

No comments:

Post a Comment