Saturday, February 4, 2012

Feb 3 - The Day I Ate Fish

When I was a kid, I ate fish (read: fishsticks) and subsequently threw-up my toenails. This happened 2 or 3 times, which was enough to convince myself that I am/was allergic. Also the perfect out for an extremely picky eater who didn't want to try anything new. In my adult years, with my now dramatically different palate, I've often wondered if I could in fact handle fish. It was on my to-do list for 2011, but I didn't remember this until like Dec 31st, so oh well. Fast forward to yesterday, Husband was eating some tilapia and offered me some. Three amazing things happened: 1) I TRIED IT, 2) I liked it, and 3) I didn't get sick! Now, that could be because I only ate about two bites, but its going down as a success in my book!

Highlights:
1) Bought the newest issue of Bon Appetit magazine yesterday, which was focused on Southern food. I now have a renewed desire to food-tour the Deep South, and to make my husband eat pork. 

2) Went to a Yoga class. I did yoga in college, but it was really more like "I bought a yoga mat, I'm earthy, check me out". So when I actually DID Yoga, I think I fell in love. Challenging and relaxing! I'm hooked.

3) We got our first Veggie Co-Op box today! I'm a little skeptical because of some non-seasonal items that ended up in my box, but I'm not out on the whole thing yet. Stay tuned for updates as I inquire more about my box's contents and learn to cook sugar snap peas.

Love & Tilapia,

No comments:

Post a Comment