Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Feb 7 - The Day We Crafted for Jesus

In our small group, we try to keep our eyes open for opportunities to be Jesus to the community in practical ways. One such opportunity that came our way was to adopt classrooms at a local elementary school that don't have "class parents". It started with throwing a Christmas party for 1st graders. This month, we were asked to help with a Valentine's party for 4th graders. We brainstormed and decided to make Valentine bags for all the kids to collect their cards in. So, we spent our normal Bible study time up to our elbows in construction paper, glitter, puff paint and glue sticks. I guess it was fitting because it felt like a throwback to elementary days for us. It may not look like typical "ministry", but hopefully these kids will now know someone loves and cares for them, even in the small things. That's Jesus to me.
Here's a snapshot of our handiwork, some traditional, some not, and my favorite personal creation:

Highlights:
1) Breakfast for dinner! Had cinnamon toast for the first time in forever, and it was divine.

2) Started packing for our ski trip. Note to self: try to put all that stuff in ONE place when you unpack this year.

3) Apparently, I was sleepy...I woke up around 1:00 am, fully clothed (including my jacket). It seems I laid down on the bed and just passed out. Husband said I refused to get up or to take off my coat, so he let me be.

Love & Homemade Valentines,
K

No comments:

Post a Comment