Sunday, February 19, 2012

Feb 16 - The Day I Had Too Much Coffee, round 1

Thursday's working hours held little (discussable) excitement for me, save the usual chips and salsa, of course. But I started the day with a rather large cup of coffee, which helped with the overall sluggishness that accompanied my morning. Fast forward to after work, when we had a small night out for the ladies from small group. A few couldn't make it, due to work/other plans and sickness, but three of us forged ahead. We chatted and laughed over, what else, more coffee! Little did I know I was getting my heart ready for a little extra work on Friday...

Highlights:
1) Started a new book, Animal Vegetable, Miracle. Its about a family who commits to eating only home grown food or food that they can trace to it's supply source, for the purpose of health, improving their own knowledge of food production, and reducing their carbon footprint. Should be interesting! I want a farm even more, now!

2) Thurs night, we made a gift basket for one of our absent small group girls. It was cute and amazingly cohesive, since the three of us each brought our own "ingredients".

3) Best Friend got a call for a job interview! Both she and Husband are searching for their Dead Poet's Society positions in the educational world (at least that's how I see them. I think I'll start calling them Mr. Keating). Excited for her! Stay tuned to hear results!

Love & Loads of Caffeine,
K

No comments:

Post a Comment