Saturday, February 11, 2012

Feb 10 - The Day We Broke A Record

Anyone who knows my family knows that we go skiing every year. And anyone who has ever taken this pilgrimage with us knows that we never, ever leave on time. Our worst departure record is about 3 hours late. Our usual is about an 60-90 min after our intended leaving time. Yesterday, we left just 35 minutes late!! Believe me, this is HUGE. I chalk it up to God wanting us to get here faster. This place, the mountains, is like our 2nd home, our ultimate happy place. After a few stops, including one to pet some donkeys, we made it. That mountain air is like rest for a weary traveler. Thank you, God, for your handiwork!

Highlights:
1) Our home for these few days is pretty much in the middle of the mountain. Unbelievably beautiful! And a 5 minute walk to the lift!

2) Started a new devotional, Women At The Well. I am praying I read it with an open heart, and that God will speak!

3)I tried. I really did, but it was no use. I gave in to my road trip cravings, and I did it with gusto. Pizza, breadsticks, coke, chips, thin mints, ramen, etc. Today, we begin again...

Love & Mountain Air,
K

No comments:

Post a Comment