Sunday, February 19, 2012

Feb 15 - The Day TX Welcomed Us With Fog

Driving into work on my first day back from vacation, I had a slight case of deja vu. In a scene reminiscent of a few days prior, thick fog hung over the highway and I was unable to see beyond a car's length in any direction. Though I cursed these conditions when I was perched on the side of a mountain, I think I might've traded spots if it meant my destination was a ski lodge instead of a desk. Still, the first day back flew by and I was home and whipping up q delicious dinner with my Love before I knew it!

Highlights:
1) Made Chicken Parmigiana Burgers on the fly. Ground chicken, pesto, garlic, Parmesan, fresh cracked pepper, lightly breaded and pan fried in Olive oil, served on a garlic toasted bun, with homemade spicy marinara. Nom nom!

2) Husband and I went on a walk. As opposed to our usual runs, we actually got a chance to talk this time. A pleasant chance to unwind after our hurried trip and avoid laundry.

3) Speaking of not doing laundry, we finished season 1 of Downton Abby and it was a glorious distraction from housework!

Love & Texas Fog,
K

No comments:

Post a Comment