Monday, February 13, 2012

Feb 11 - The Day My Half-Marathon Made Me A Better Skiier

One of my biggest accomplishments last year was successfully running a half-marathon. It's something I never thought I could do, but I did, and the payoffs are still coming, it seems. I've been skiing almost since I was able to walk, but this is by far the best I've felt on the mountain, ever. I don't mean in terms of my ski skills, I just mean overall physical fitness. What a difference regular workouts/running makes! Not only that, but I got to the top of several challenging runs, and when I expressed my opinions, my brother pointed out that I didn't have a ski problem, I had a mental block problem, and I knew he was right. I've run 13 miles! I can do this flippin' ski run! And I did.

Highlights:
1)  We started out skiing as a family, but soon got split up. I spent the day with Husband and my brother, and I must admit, we make a good team.

2) My nephew made a snowman. With antlers. Hey, why not?

3) We all went to the tubing hill, but the ladies decided to chill by the sidelines and watch the ridiculousness that is the men in our family. Both Jarod and Jon managed to zoom right over the barrier wall and into trees. Just call them Talent & Grace.

Love & Ski Slopes,
K

No comments:

Post a Comment