Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Feb 18 - The Day I Chopped Off My Locks

I started the day with braided pigtails that reached to the middle of my back, and I ended it with a much lighter head of hair that just comes past my shoulders. AHHH sweet relief. From what, you say? From split ends, from heavy hair, from the fall-back ballet buns and ponytails. To most, it wasn't a dramatic change, but regardless, it was change and it made my rainy Saturday. It was a bit out of character for me, since I just walked in, without an appointment or a real plan. The stylist said, "So what do we want to do?" and I simply replied "Cut it!". OK, I was a bit more specific, but not by much! It was the perfect way to end a work day and kickoff a long weekend of dressing up, art shows, indoor camping, food and friends.

Highlights:
1) A perfectly delightful prep session with one of my business partners. He, the male half of our best friends, and I worked in the kitchen that rainy morning, baking amidst bluegrass and folk music, in the kind of unhurried manner that the music seems to call for. It made me wish that every prep session could go so peacefully. I'll just have to work on that!

2) I wore fishnet tights for the first time in public (save dance recitals, that is), and good news - I think I pulled it off without looking like a street walker! ;) I'm always unsure of my ability to carry any trend off, and this was no exception, but I paired the nets with gray tights, a floral dress and black boots and it went off swimmingly.

3) BEST FRIEND IS A WORKING WOMAN! She got the job! To celebrate, we started the evening supporting our talented friends at their charity art show, then followed it up with our normal celebration ritual: food. Mexican, to be exact!

Love & Lighter Weight Tresses,
K

No comments:

Post a Comment