Thursday, February 16, 2012

Feb 14 - The Day We Felt a Whole Lot of Love

I didn't get flowers, but I did get a card hidden in my suitcase. I didn't get a candlelight dinner, but I did get a meal, made by loving hands, around a table with the people I love. I didn't get a fancy night out, but I did get to wake up to mountains, and travel safely back to the house I love. I didn't get a poem, but I did get hand-written blessings, tokens of affection and sweet little four year old kisses. Blessed is a word often overused, I think, but there are moments when it is undoubtedly warranted. This day is one of them. I don't have all the world tells me I need, but I have everything I could want, and I'm saying a prayer of thanks because of it.

Highlights:
1) Realized today that my family argues, but not in the way you might think. Our disagreements stem from trying to give or do for the other person; a battle of niceness, if you will. I don't mind that kind of arguing so much!

2) Sis-in-Law made homemade chocolate-dipped "blessing cookies" (instead of Fortune cookies) with personalized blessings tucked in each one. She's ridiculously creative and thoughtful and I hate her! ;)

3) All 9 of us shared a fancy Valentine's dinner at where else, Rosa's! :) It WAS Taco Tuesday, after all. Again, I'll take these people with fast food over extravagance alone any day!

Love & More Love,
K

No comments:

Post a Comment