Monday, February 13, 2012

Feb 12 - The Day We Were Two Ice Men & A Baby

We woke to a dramatically different skyline on Sunday. The day before, we were able to see a beautiful mountain scape from our balcony. Now, nothing but white. I LOVE to ski, but I am not a fan of skiing in blizzard conditions. However, beyond my desire for comfort, or warmth, is my incredible cheapness. I already paid for my lift ticket and gosh dangit I was not going to waste it! Husband, brother and I worked up the courage (and layered on the clothes) and headed out for what was certainly an interesting day. Great powder, not too much snowfall, but very low visibility and very cold faces.
Example:
The boys were covered in ice, and I was not shy about voicing my [negative] opinions. Around 2:00, a very thick cloud descended on the mountain, and all hope of seeing where you were going was lost. I could barely see the tips of my skis, and I was more than happy to agree when the suggestion arose that we call it a day. Done! So flippin tiring, but we didn't waste our lift tickets!

Highlights:
1) Nearly got run over my a snow plow. Took my heart a minute or two to recover from that.

2) We watched the Adele show (aka the GRAMMYs). The Civil Wars deserved a full set! Outrage!

3) We ate snow ice cream & brownies. DELISH! Makes me wish we had access to snow more often. Almost better than Bluebell!

Love & Whiteouts,

K

No comments:

Post a Comment