Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Feb 6 - The Day I Washed Away the Blues

Monday morning started just like you might think a Monday morning would: slept poorly, felt bad, turned off my alarm, overslept, late to work, swollen eyes thanks to allergies, and all-over aura of "crap" in my demeanor/appearance. By the time the working day was over, I just wanted a re-do. So, I did something I hardly ever do. The minute I walked in the door, I didn't start straightening the house (we had company coming for dinner), I didn't start cooking, I didn't sit down and flip on the TV. Instead, I kissed my husband hello, then I headed straight for a glorious, hot shower. It wasn't a bubble bath, but it definitely did the trick. We had a dinner/business meeting that evening and I was able to approach it simultaneously rejuvenated and relaxed. Sometimes you just need to hit the reset button on your day, even if it's at 6:00 pm!

Highlights:
1) We grilled for dinner, from entree to sides, and it was delicious. To say that I'm ready for "grill season" is an understatement!

2) Another successful business meeting! I've said it before, I'll say it again, we are so blessed and I am so thankful that we continue to defy the odds on mixing business and friendship. Both just keep getting stronger!

3) Got a little further into "Sink Reflections", and I'm loving it so far. In fact, I think the chapter I read inspired my post-workday decompression session. Plowing through the rest of the book so I can start a new one when we take our roadtrip to New Mexico on Friday!

Love & Reset Buttons,
K

No comments:

Post a Comment