Monday, February 27, 2012

Feb 21 - The Day We Dove Into Colossians

After the extended weekend, my spirit should've been rested and ready for my regular schedule to resume. As is usually the case for me, though, my spirit acted much more like a toddler who would rather scream/cry/throw things at the wagging finger of a parent than submit willingly to what had to be done. Childish heart o' mine. And yet, I think it's got the right idea with this whole friends > work thing...
Luckily, I had small group to look forward to. We started our study of Colossians and it went beautifully. I'm lucky to know such smart, heart-driven, God-loving people. We barely got through the first chapter, and I can't wait for next week!

Highlights:
1) Another kitchen incident for me: I was making tortilla soup, sans recipe, and everything was going smoothly until I decided it needed more cumin. Did you know ground coriander looks a lot like ground cumin? Especially when you buy spices in bulk and they're both in identical plastic bags? Coriander may technically be cilantro, but make no mistake, you don't want to accidentally dump it into your tortilla soup. Blech.

2) The girls at group harped on me for not updating the blog as regularly as I had originally. But, life happens! I AM doing it, but sometimes its more important to be present IN your life than to be on a computer writing ABOUT your life (hence this post coming 6 days late)

3) We noticed in our study that Paul, in his corrections of the church at Colossae, continually points back to Christ. Over and over and over again. He doesn't admonish and then point to himself. He acknowledges the true plumb line, Christ, and he knows that by comparison, its only too easy to see our own shortcomings. I just love it!

Love & Learning His Word,
K

No comments:

Post a Comment