Friday, February 10, 2012

Feb 8 - The Day Zumba, Dexter & Downton Abbey Got The Best of Me

The start of the day was relatively uneventful (save the oversleeping and being late to work...), and work was work, but my day got more exciting when I punched out and trucked it over to week two of Zumba. This week, the music kept mentally taking me to Miami a la Dexter Morgan's fictional hunting grounds. I have such a strong affinity for all things food, that when I watch that show, I think not about justice or murders, but Cuban food. And Mexican food. And al fresco food with sun dresses and warm breezes. Connect those dots, and by the end of class I couldn't stop thinking about chips and salsa. Husband has no willpower when it comes to resisting my food requests, so we tabled our homemade dinner plans and instead ate some de-lish Tacos al Pastor. So much for those calories burned!

Highlights:
1) Our instructor must've learned her lesson after last week, since this week's routines were much simpler than the last. Surprisingly, I was disappointed by this change. I mean, if we're gonna do this, let's DO this!

2) Downton Abbey: where have I been?! Why has no one told me of this show?? I love it. And as for how it lead to my downfall, well...once you start watching, you'll know. I couldn't not watch, and that meant I got virtually no packing done.

3) Had a status of fb about wanting to be an inspiration to others as well as surrounding myself with those who inspire. I was specifically referring to some of the incredibly creative story-makers I am lucky to know (see "blogs I follow" to the right of this post). Some very sweet ladies in my life affirmed that I was an inspiration to them, but in different ways than I was thinking. Thankful, humbled, encouraged.

Love & Musically-Inspired Food Cravings,
K

No comments:

Post a Comment