Friday, January 6, 2012

Jan 5 - The Day We Said Goodbye to the World

Yesterday was likely our final visit to the Experimental Prototype Community of Tomorrow (EPCOT!), and we finished like any good globe trotters: with food! Crepes, beef udon and lamb wraps, oh my! Before our 2nd international food fest, we spent the morning watching a lot of shows in Hollywood - our rattled heads needed a little break after our day of g-forces. We were soon joined by the thousands of marathoners descending upon Disney. A little jealous I'm not joining in the fun!! Next year...? :)
Highlights:
1) I got to chat with two British kids, and I've subsequently decided my children should have accents.
2) I was walking through a crowd and got distracted by the sparkling Castle, and unfortunately turned my head at just the wrong time and walked smack into a small Russian lady. She yelled at me in Russian, though I'm sure it was something like "oh I know, I love that sparkly castle, too!"
3) We got to see Space Mountain with the lights on! Granted, we had to ride the People Mover instead of Space Mountain (broken!), but that peak behind the curtain was kinda worth it.

Love & Small Russians,
K

No comments:

Post a Comment