Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Jan 28 - The Day I Danced In My Kitchen

Not exactly a perfect title, since I happen to dance in my kitchen quite often, but it sounded better than anything else I did that day, so there ya go. I had a rare Saturday morning off, which I savored - windows open to catch the sun, music playing, and me in my happy place: the kitchen. There's something perfect about making a lasagna from scratch while Rosemary Clooney sings "Mambo Italiano" to me. And, in my not-so-humble opinion, that was one dang good lasagna. I didn't get to eat it fully assembled (it was for another family), but the individual pieces were pretty tasty!

Highlights:
1) Its so nice to have creative people in your life. My cousin's best friend and I got together and made a sign for sweet baby Lake. Spending only $1 on supplies, I think the result was super cute! Of course, you can't really go wrong when you're using a combo of twigs, twine, cute ribbon and scripture.

2) I finished listening to Anne of Green Gables. Loved, loved, loved it! You know you're falling in love with a story when you find reasons to stay in your car longer so you can continue listening.

3) Husband was away Sat night staying with his dad, so I was on my own. As I usually do in his absence, I slept on the couch. I have yet to figure out my own logic regarding why it feels safer to sleep there, mere feet from the door, than in my bed in the back of the house.

Love & Lasagna,
K

No comments:

Post a Comment