Thursday, January 26, 2012

Jan 25 – The Day We Got Wet & Waited


4 ½ inches of rain = a wet, wet, wet Wednesday. Granted, we needed the rain, but sometimes I wish it would choose to spread itself out a little instead of purging the skies all at once. Am I really blogging about the weather?? Who does that…
Luckily, despite the deluge, good things abounded. Like, really good things! This post is a little boring because I’m saving all the good stuff for the next one! Anywho…         
Highlights:
1) Went to a stretch class at lunch – nearly fell asleep in the “self-relaxation” part at the end where you just lay still for 5 minutes. Hope I didn’t snore and interrupt someone’s zen…

2) COUSIN WAS INDUCED TODAY! Went and hung out at the hospital, grabbed the parents-to-be some grub, and I looked on with pity as her L&D room turned into somewhat of a boys club/frat house with all the men in our family + a few guy friends. Still, I think it’s worth a little noise to know that you have such strong support, especially as a new dad. 

3) Meanwhile, my other cousin (soon to be Aunt), guarded the waiting room with the fierceness that only Lily Jonas can bring. Armed with fig newtons and cheez-its, she kept a faithful watch over the long night ahead...

Love & Anticipation,
K

No comments:

Post a Comment