Saturday, January 21, 2012

Jan 20 - The Day I Had Spring in Winter

Ah, Texas. How I love your seasonal identity crises and violent temperature swings. That's a lie. I know, God blessed you and all that, but sometimes my closet grows weary of your indecisive climate. Friday, however...I may forgive you for Friday. The 80 degree temps worked in my favor as I got a yummy taste of spring. In case you're wondering, it tastes like ice cream cones, cool breezes, driving with the windows down and the music up. Despite the fact that I'm writing this post while now donning a coat, I'll savor my moment in the [literal] sun.

Highlights:
1) I was half-way through what was to be a delicious sprouted grain bread, turkey & avocado sandwich, when I finally slowed down my chowing enough to figure out it tasted...off. Good save, if not almost too late. The turkey was a little...lacking in freshness. Which leads me to #2...

2) Now I was still hungry, and also out of food. Gift card in hand, I went to Sonic where I grabbed lunch, and because the sunshine was practically begging for it, some ice cream. Not a bad trade. :)

3) Went to the movies. Snuck in a burrito (dinner #1). After the long (intense, but good) movie, went with my love to our usual dinner spot (dinner #2). He says he hates and loves that we're so predictable, but when pushed for which side weighs out, he said loves. Type A, routine-loving wife FTW!

Love & Springy Winter Days,

K

No comments:

Post a Comment