Monday, January 16, 2012

Jan 15 – The Day We Picnicked


Yesterday was full of memory-making goodness, so much so, I’m not sure what all to write! It started with one of those glorious, peaceful mornings that call you to savor time instead rushing through it. Those have a way of setting your whole day just right. It was followed by worship, study, a picnic with the best potato salad I’ve ever made and some of the best friends I could ask for, pie, pie, pie, stomach-hurting laughter, Central Market, family dinner, cake and ice cream, and a night of snuggles with a good-smellin’ baby. Where’s the repeat button?

Highlights:
1)  My husband got to fully experience the giggling trifecta that is me, Amanda & Lori (some of my oldest friends) in all its wacky glory. It’s like we’re perpetually 7, have no inhibition (running through a field with a bed sheet cape, anyone?), and we laugh til it hurts. It’s balm for the soul.
2) We saw a parrot on a leash at the park. Did you know people do that? Well, now you do.
3) I made this chicken for our picnic: http://www.100daysofrealfood.com/2011/02/25/recipe-the-best-whole-chicken-in-a-crock-pot/. So simple, and so good! Using leftovers (though those were slim) for tacos!

Love & Leashed Parrots,
K

No comments:

Post a Comment