Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Jan 30 - The Day I Booked Our Birthdays

There's something about the northwest US that just sings to my heart. Husband and I have been trying to decide where we want to go for our birthdays (sort of tradition). So when I saw a deal for a beautiful seaside inn on the coast of Washington (complete with a bonfire & s'mores kit, bicycles and breakfast picnic baskets!), I jumped on it. 2.5 hours from Portland, 3.5 from Seattle, and right on the ocean, I couldn't think of a better place to ring in our coming years. Now to find plane tickets....

Highlights:
1) That whole productivity list I made on Sunday? Yeah...well, at least I stuck to part of it! No TV. We sat, ate at the dinner table and listened to music. May not be very "productive", but it was certainly fulfilling.

2) Speaking of dinner, husband made soup. It was italian chicken sausage & white bean, made with vodka sauce & cream. Light? No. Delicious? YES.

3) Taxes. Bane of my existence. Second place? Tax forms. Why, oh why, dear printer, must you stop working on the day before I have to get tax forms in the mail? What's that? A lesson on procrastination, you say? Bah. I won't procrastinate on throwing you out the flippin window, jerk.

Love & Long Beach, WA,

K

No comments:

Post a Comment