Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Jan 24 - The Day I Argued With Myself

The plan was to start the day off with a 3 mile buddy run. I, however, left my buddy stranded since I woke up 10 minutes before our scheduled meeting time. Still, I brought my running gear for a lunch run to make up for the morning. Then it just started looking so ominously cloudy and gloomy....I argued with myself for, no lie, at least 2 hours on whether I should run, take a nap, or go to the grocery store on my break. I had settled on the store option, mostly cause I like shopping for food, but decided at the last minute to take the plunge and run. A short run. With hills. AND run to the store to get a snack. I had to do some walking, but it got done. And I'm sure the folks at Sprouts loved that I graced them with my post-run sweaty presence. The good thing about arguing with yourself is that you still always win. :)

Highlights:
1) Found a yum post-run snack on clearance, something called a Barookie, made by Eoni. Of course, I also found a box of whole wheat fig cookies that were not on sale, but I bought (and ate) anyway.

2) Met with my favorite Tuesday night people (small group) to plan out the next few months of our meetings. Colossians, Italian food and girls nights, here we come!

3) At group, I had the chance to witness true friendship in action between a few of my friends. So thankful for people who listen, pray and talk, all with the heart of Christ.

Love & Longer Than Usual Posts About Nothing,
K

No comments:

Post a Comment