Monday, January 23, 2012

Jan 22 - The Day I Got "Baby Arm"

There are some things in life you just can't resist. For me, one of them is holding my niece, Ella. She is just so darn cute and squishy! So, when I caught site of them in church on Sunday, I approached with outstretched arms and continued to hold her for an hour+, including a little walk-about when she started fussing, and of course, showing her off. I loved it, and I'd do it again. But....holy flippin' cow, my arm hurt SO BAD. She's cute, but that lil chick is HEAVY. I texted my best and told her the situation, to which she responded "You've got "baby arm". Its like Tennis Elbow, but cuter." I think it fits.

Highlights:

1) If I only had a dollar for every person who told me how good that baby looked on me, and proceeded to strongly hint/elbow my ribs/groucho marx their eyebrows at me... In fact, I think that I'd just prefer they pay me a dollar. They might get their wish a lot faster that way.

2) Went for an almost-4-mile run with my spouse at the park. It was a gorgeous day, and I love that we spent it being active instead of staying indoors, even if our allergies nearly drove us crazy!

3) Went out for a last-hoorah dinner for my 10 months preggers cousin & her spouse, with my bro and his (also preggo) wife, and another couple of friends. We ate at PF Changs, it was glorious, and all we could talk about was food (before, during and after our meal) and that arrival of sweet baby Lake in just a few days!

Love & Squishy Babies,
K

No comments:

Post a Comment