Thursday, January 19, 2012

Jan 18 - The Day We Farkled

There are moments in every woman's life (I hope, anyway) that she has to choose between laundry/housework and social gatherings. Yesterday, I just couldn't muster to dedication to go home and clean my house, which would've meant declining an invitation for dinner with my mother, grandmother and little bro. And you know what's funny? When I'm faced with this kind of fork in my day, choosing the friends/family option never leaves me with regrets. So we met, we ate yummy vegetable stew and cornbread, told stories, laughed, and at the almost-annoying-insistence of my little brother, we played Farkle. The laundry basket may still be full, but so is my heart, and I'm totally OK with that. Memories > A Martha-esque household.

Highlights:

1) In the midst of stomach-hurting laughter with three generations sitting 'round the table, I was overwhelmed with the thought of just how blessed we are. Note to self: do more of this.

2) My little brother is a mess, and I wouldn't have him any other way, even if he does sometimes drive me crazy. Also, he is Farkle king.

3) Had an interesting moment that called for immediate prayer, and those I called to responded with nothing but support. Again, so blessed.

Love & Proper Priorities,

K

No comments:

Post a Comment