Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Jan 17 - The Day My Abs Cried For Mercy


I think my body was under the impression it was being tortured. It’s the only reason I can see they decided to stop working, as an act of protest or defense, during my fitness class. There was a moment when I thought, “Well, that’s it. I guess I’m done sitting upright for the day”, as my core muscles gave me the proverbial finger. Rude, I tell you.  In other news, I‘ve decided I could not be a fitness instructor. How they stay so dang peppy, I’ll never know! However, I suppose it could mean you get more ice cream with all those workouts…pros and cons, pros and cons. Despite the rant, life on Tuesday did consist of more than gym pain.

Highlights:
1) Small Group – I said it last week, I’ll say it again: I love these people! They help start my week off right, especially when we plan dinners around Nacho Libre. And yes, I do expect the phrase “Get that corn outta my face!” to be yelled by various members at least 7 times.

2) I had a moment of {simple} revelation: it started with a sour attitude, and ended with surrendering something that wasn’t mine to carry in the first place. Here’s the summation: you won’t be everyone’s favorite. Everyone may not like you, and you may not get invited to all the cool stuff. SO. WHAT.  It’s not Jr High, God loves you with all his might (that’s A LOT of love, ya’ll), and there are friends who do want your time, energy and friendship. Laying this Isaac down again (and probably again, and again, and again).

3) Found new, lovely blogs. Like I really needed this one…(I did, I did!)

Love & Muscle Cramps,
K

No comments:

Post a Comment