Saturday, January 14, 2012

Jan 14 - The Day I Tried Something New

When you own a pie shop and you have downtime, what do you do? Why, bake kale chips and fruit leather, of course! Yeah, yeah, it's not cake, but it helps counteract the blueberry cheesecake. Verdict: kale chips are good! Not good enough to make me want to give up regular, but still. As for fruit leather, great...if you can peel it off the foil. Trial and error, I guess!

Highlights:
1) I started the day with breakfast and coffee with a friend, and it was lovely! She had good advice for me on taking time to productively unwind (read: not tv), which I intend to put into practice!

2) started a new home simplification/organization book, Sink Reflections (written by Internet maven, FlyLady) - time will tell...

3) In that spirit, I started purging items in my closet. I think the spring weather has positive effects on my cleaning mood! Windows open, music up, house gettin' cleaned.

Love and Fruit Leather,
K

No comments:

Post a Comment