Saturday, January 21, 2012

Jan 21 - The Day I Sang My Way Through

Music has 100% carried me through today. After a restless night, some personal frustration coming to its full fruition and a day of work ahead, I needed more than personal motivation to propel me to the finish line today. Isn't it great how music can do just that? Give you the boost you may need, calm you, bring your tiny human brain back in focus on what matters. I love knowing my God loves music and have no doubt he uses it with me, today being a perfect example. Some lyrics in particular that have been dancing 'round my head:

Here before Your alter
I am letting go of all I've held
Of every motive, every burden
Everything that's of myself

And I just wanna wait on You, my God
I just wanna dwell on who You are
 
Highlights: 1) 1st Upward Basketball game of the season for my little bro! He's getting better, but if I'm being honest, it was more fun when the kids were 5 and just chased each other around the court, or better yet, stood still and cried.  2) My nephew said my name should be Fifi. Then he changed it to Caca and KKK. The more I tried to tell him these were not OK, the funnier it got to him. I prefer Fifi.  3) Had breakfast with my family and planned our meals for our annual ski trip, which is fast approaching. 3 WEEKS and we're on the slopes!  Love & Lyrics,  

No comments:

Post a Comment