Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Jan 29 - The Day We Believed It (or Not!)

Sunday is tied with Thursday for the position of my favorite day. God certainly knew what he was doing with that whole "day of rest" commandment! Sunday was spent worshiping with my CLC fam, Chicken E, teenagers, grocery shopping, and the best broccoli I've ever eaten (and that's saying something considering that I don't really like broccoli!) The better part of the afternoon was spent with the aforementioned teenagers at Ripley's Believe it Or Not, and the Palace of Wax. The former: fun as always, and I enjoyed seeing the kids get weirded/grossed out. The latter: whose job is it to make those wax figures?! They should seek other career paths, I think...some of those things are downright creepy (and not at all accurate). I was particularly offended by the train wreck that was the Harry Potter crew. Sad. Who cares about how well you made Obama, WHAT ABOUT HARRY?! ahem.

 Highlights:
1) So, the broccoli: Toss florets in olive oil, sea salt, cracked pepper and garlic. Roast at 425 degrees for about 20 minutes. As soon as its out of the oven, sprinkle with lemon juice and parmesan cheese, and toss.Thanks, Pinterest!

2) Thought about blogging. Didn't blog. Was totally OK with this decision (see my very first post)

3) Made a list of how I can make my week more productive. We'll see how that goes, since I have a not-so-great track record of sticking to my own well-crafted plans.

Love & Roasted Broccoli,
K

No comments:

Post a Comment