Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Jan 16 - The Day My Mortal Enemy Returned


It’s funny how you don’t realize what actually feeling good really feels like until you don't. Seasonal allergies are the bane of my existence, and with their rude return to wreak havoc on my eyes and nose, I realized just how wonderful the months are when they stay at bay.  That tiny little unreachable itch and tingle in the inside of your nose and eyeballs is a surefire way to drive a person to the brink of insanity.  I’m pretty sure the whole mess is straight from the heart of Satan. But it’s my lot in life, so I resign myself to the itchy-eyed months ahead.  And despite all that, yesterday had its share of happy moments.

Highlights:
1) I got new planner refills! It’s almost silly how much joy this brings each year. Yay for organization!

2) Had some ciabatta rolls I needed to use, so I went to work making chicken parmesan paninis for dinner. Whipped up some homemade marinara, pan fried lightly coated chicken in olive oil and sprinkled on some grated parmesan, assembled and pressed on a panini grill. We ate it with some steamed veggies, and it was YUM! I love when simple, good-tasting meals come together like that.

3) Had a coffee date with a sweet friend. Note to self: do this more!

Love & Allergy Meds,
K

No comments:

Post a Comment