Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Jan 9 - The Day That Everything Went Awry


Ever have those days when you brain seems to purposely short circuit when communicating to the rest of your being? Yesterday was like a comedy of errors for me. NOTHING went as planned, starting close to 12:00 AM. 
I woke up in the middle of the night, got sick, fell asleep in the bathroom floor, woke up, dragged myself to bed, slept through my alarm, couldn’t get my car started, finally did and was late to work, spent the day trying to fight off a headache, typos (my fingers just wouldn’t work), napping on breaks and at lunch (oh, I slept through that alarm too) instead of working out as I had planned, went to the store twice, each time either forgetting things on my list or just grabbing the wrong item (jalepenos instead of green chiles, tomato paste instead of sauce, etc), got home to start dinner and managed to flip an open jar of minced garlic (let me just pause here to say that you should avoid this at all costs…you have no idea how far that stuff travels), dropped a (raw) meatball, spilled cornstarch on the floor (and of course, myself), apparently fell asleep on the couch and refused to move, as I woke up somewhere near 12:30 this morning, fully dressed (the husband, bless him, can only fight my sleepy stubbornness so long before he just leaves me there).  Whew.  Given all that crazy mess, I figured today’s highlights should be praises to curb the negativity. Bad day, you will not win!

{Positive} Highlights:
1)    1)   I received a warm welcome back at work, and nothing blew up while I was gone. After being gone for a week, this is a huge blessing.
2)   2)  I have a great husband. Seriously, no one can comfort me quite like he can, and he did just that after all of my disasters. So thankful for him.
3)     3)  In one day, I was able to undo much of the dietary damage I inflicted on vacation. Feeling much better today after a day of real food. Speaking of food, I also tried a great new recipe from one of my fav food blogs. Check it out: http://www.skinnytaste.com/2011/05/swedish-meatballs.html. I served it over no-yolk egg noodles. Great comfort food after such a day!

Love & Happy Thoughts,
K

No comments:

Post a Comment